Sunday, July 10, 2005

Detour!

Well, all of the very, very careful route planning got thrown out the window last night, when I sat down to transfer the proposed route to the charts. Seems that even though I decided to take a great circle route from 15G to CYDQ, I didn't bother to purchase VFR charts for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Ooops.

Have no fear, trusty readers, as I am nothing if not flexible and imaginative when it comes to route planning. See?


This route basically restores us to the traditional Cut Bank, MT to Lethbridge, AB border crossing. Should add only about 1 hour or so to the trip. And only require that I obtain a sectional for Billings. It's much more likely that I can acquire that this morning, than Canadian VFR charts, don'tcha think?

We won't fly all of this today, as it's about 8.5 hours flying time. The plan is to stop in Jamestown, ND for fuel, then overnight in Glasgow. No, no, not Scotland. Glasgow, Montana. What, you haven't heard of it? See more here. And here.

Disclaimer: My choice of GGW as an overnight destination has nothing, repeat NOTHING, to do with the fact that there is a Dairy Queen located a mere 1 mile from the airport. Any suggestion to the contrary is purely defamatory!

2 comments:

Clint said...

AWESOME!!

GC said...

Mmmm...Dairy Queen. {DROOL}

They use powdered malt in their malted milkshakes! The best!!

Of course, you wouldn't know it by looking at me that I liked that sort of thing!