Thursday, June 09, 2005

Timing is everthing

Went to order the remaining charts that I need for the trip. Found out that the planned date of departure, July 9, is two days after the change of cycle for low alititude en route charts and Terminal Procedure Publications. It's also the change-over date for a couple of sectionals that I need. RATS!

This means that instead of ordering them from a discount supplier, I'll probably end up having to buy this stuff at the local pilot shop. I don't mind patronizing them, but with the sheer quantity of things that I have to buy for this trip, I was hoping to save a few pennies buying charts over the 'Net.

Oh well, I'll order the remaining sectionals, save a bit there, and plan to spend another night camping instead of in a hotel during the trip!

No comments: