Sunday, June 05, 2005

No Gas?

Back to the airport today, third day in a row! Went to fuel up, only to be told that the airport was OUT OF FUEL! It's self-serve, and we depend on the airport owner to keep us supplied (our airport is one of those rare-breed: privately-owned, public use). Rumor has it that he forgot to order more. I don't know for sure if that is true, but if it is, it's pretty amazing. Not only do you depend on fuel for pilots based there, but you need it for your rental fleet as well. And you forgot to order more????

Well, at least he owns the airport, so I guess he can't get fired, right?

My partner did all of the flying, I checked out the new GPS. It's indeed a beauty. I need to work with it some more, so I need to con one of my partners into going cross-country someplace, with me as co-pilot. That's the ticket!

No comments: