What makes you think it's any different with a vehicle that moves in three dimensions?
Mike Hotel is in the shop for The Great GPS Swap. So far, this has entailed, in addition to the contracted-for work:
- Repairs to transponder wiring.
- Possible replacement of a COM antenna.
- Installation of an altitutde converter so that the 430 can properly report altitude to the MX-20.
- Removal and repair of the MX-20 to correct lines on the display.
- Installation of a (used) glideslope splitter so that the 430 can handle ILS approaches.
- Permanent installation of antenna and power wires for the 396.
- Installation of a data line between the 430 and the 396 so that flight plans will automatically upload from the former to the latter.
I see this and say, "That's going to cost a lot of money..."
And, we still need an oil change. It's good to be an aircraft owner, isn't it?