Wednesday, October 11, 2006

2004 Summer Vacation, Days 6 & 7

August 15, 2004

Westerly, RI


Originally, I planned to head home today. But it's my aunt's 70th birthday, and plans are afoot for a surprise party. I opt to exercise the privileges of GA and amend my agenda to stay over another day.

Turned out to be a great choice. We had a wonderful party, and my aunt seemed genuinely surprised that her Ohio-resident nephew could make it to her party!


August 16, 2004

Westerly, RI (again)


When will it stop? I wake up and am greeted with even more crummy weather. Showers, low clouds, clag everywhere. Looks like it might clear up about the time that I reach Eastern Pennsylvania. But that's probably an hour and a half or more of solid IFR. And, I'd have to fuel the airplane in the rain.

Forecasts are calling for clear weather tomorrow. It's a no-brainer to delay my return another day. Dad and I spend the day browsing local antique shops. He finds a few treasures. I'm looking for anything aviation-related, but come up empty handed.

No comments: